AOS Information Technology Services
Welcome to UCLA Atmospheric and Ocean Science IT support and documentation wiki.
The Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences maintains a diverse network of Linux computers, Macs, Windows PCs, and various devices. AOSIT supports macOS, Linux, and Windows operating systems on all office computers alongside a vast selection of software packages. AOS provides both Mac and Linux systems within our computer labs. Identity management servers and fileservers provide account access and storage for all users. More detailed information about the various services provided by AOS IT and UCLA IT Services can be found below.
Information and Resources
- AOSID - password and user account information
- Managing your AOSID - Updating your password / managing your AOS account
- AOS Network access - Accessing the AOS network ( wired and wireless )
- Accessing AOSWIFI - Information and instructions on how to access the AOS wireless network
- Storage Solutions - Access UCLA/AOS shared storage solutions
- Malware protection - AOS Security and Malware protection
- Departmental Software - Software available for departmental and academic use
- OpenScholar - Documentation and help for building personal and group webpages using OpenScholar
- UCLA logon (Bruin ID) - Link to create / manage your UCLA logon
- Getting Started @ UCLA - An introduction to campus resources and services
- Useful links
- LearnIT (Free access to Lynda.com, Safari Books Online with your Bruin On Line account)
- UCLA Wireless Networks - Instructions for accessing the various UCLA wireless networks around campus
- Connecting to Eduroam wireless network - Eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community.
Guides and Tutorials
- Managing your AOS ID - Instructions for updating your password and managing other features of your AOSID
- Remote Access Guide - How to remotely access the AOS network ( VPN, SSH tunneling, proxy access)
- SSH Tutorials - How to use SSH to forward services and connect to AOS systems
- Email Guide - Configure AOS email (@atmos.ucla.edu) on your system
- Printing Guide - How to configure your system to print to AOS' shared printers
- AOS Website - Instructions for setting up a personal / research group website
AOS IT is available to answer questions and provide assistance for AOS users experiencing all types of technical issues. The IT office is located within the AOS Computer Lab in MSA 7101. Technicians are available weekdays from 8:30am - 6:00pm.
For prompt and thorough assistance please report problems to IT Support. Try to be as detailed as possible when describing your problem and include the name of the machine you are experiencing problems with, the time, and any error messages you may have received (screenshots can often be very helpful).
For urgent assistance please contact the help desk at x52418 or visit MSA 7101.